Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thankful 30 - Public Transit

Some of you may know that I lost my license a few years ago. I've just started taking the steps to get it re-instated. Until then, I sit in the passenger seat, walk, bike or ride public transit. Ok, ok, and I occasionally drive illegally. Though since moving to Portland, I've had few occasions to need to risk it. Why? Because the transit system here rocks! Certainly it could be better, there's always room for improvement & public transit is always broke & forever getting screwed in the city budgets. That's just how it goes. But, Portland has the best transit out of any city I've ever lived in, including Pittsburgh where it was pretty good.

There are tons of routes, the service is frequent & starts early/ends late, it's only $2.10 and there are buses, trains & streetcars. Pretty fantastic for a city of only 585,000. Plus, Google maps does a great job of showing the public transit routes & there's an awesome PDX Bus app for my phone that gives step by step instructions, detailed routes, maps, etc.

So, that's what I'm thankful for today! November 26th - Public Transit.

3 comments:

Jp said...

want to move there!!!

DTex said...

I love your blog and I have given you an award. Check it out at http://thebegingingofendometriosis.blogspot.com/p/awards.html

Alethea said...

Awww, thanks!