Thanksgiving is a holiday that I have mixed feelings about. I love the idea of giving thanks, being with family/friends, celebrating the good in our lives. I hate the history of it. Also, I think it's absurd that people spend Thursday talking about how thankful we are for what we have, then spend Friday buying more stuff. But, complaining is not in the spirit of this blog challenge, so I will move on.
November 24th, Thanksgiving Day - I'm thankful for old friends & new friends inviting me to join them for dinner. I'm thankful for belly laughs, sangria & and elastic. And I am truly thankful for never having to worry about my next meal or having enough to eat.
November 25th - Today I'm thankful for the fact that The Hubster is financially stable enough for me to stay at home. While I do want to get a job, it's pretty fantastic that our ability to pay bills doesn't depend on it. Today I will alternating between relaxing & cleaning up the house. I'm damn thankful for that.
My ramblings about life, travel, books, infertility, food, the Steelers, marriage & whatever else comes along the way.
Friday, November 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- American
- Amsterdam
- Asheville
- Birthday
- bitterness
- Books
- Booze
- Cali.
- Changes
- Denver
- Divorce
- DR
- Election
- Family
- Favorite Foto
- Food
- Friends
- Goals
- Housewife-ing
- Iceland
- Infertility
- Life
- Marriage
- Memories
- Mexico
- Money
- Moving
- Munich
- Parenting
- PDX
- Pgh
- Portland
- Pregnancy
- Rambling
- Savannah
- Skitzy McGee
- Spring
- Steelers
- Thankful30
- The Nest
- The South
- Theatre
- Travel
- Weight
- Work
No comments:
Post a Comment