Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful 30 - Playing Catch Up!

Well, our 6 day vacation to Mexico didn't exactly go as planned. There were definitely some fun times, the wedding was beautiful & catching up w/ old friends while making new ones was awesome. It wasn't awesome that the resort left something to be desired or that I came home with a wicked chest cold. And it was super duper not awesome that The Hubster had some major heart problems while we were there leaving him sick, exhausted & at one point in the ER. :-(

I had planned to get right back to this blog when we returned, but sometimes life gets in the way. I've thought a lot about this blog challenge over the last week & a half and I'm really glad I decided to do it, though honestly, it's been more challenging than I expected. And that's just kind of sad, right? I mean, really, my life is pretty great in a lot of ways. Anyhow, this project has forced me to think about my life on a new level & to consider my feelings & place in the world. As usual, I struggle for the words, so I'll just move on.

Here's a list of the things I've been thankful for recently.

Nov. 13 - Affordable airfare. I love knowing that seeing the world is tangible.

Nov. 14 - Love. Silly, maybe, but weddings bring out the mushiness in me. Whomever created the world did something perfectly right when they added love into the mix.

Nov. 15 - Sunblock. Without it I wouldn't have been able to enjoy spending the whole day at the pool & on the beach!

Nov. 16 - Friends. I know I've done that one before, but catching up with old friends & making new ones was the highlight of my trip. I've been lucky to have some truly amazing people become a part of my life. And even luckier to have formed long lasting friendships.

Nov. 17 - Modern Medicine. I'm truly thankful for all of the heart medicines that keep The Hubster healthy(ish) & alive. I'm also incredibly thankful for Xanax. Seriously.

Nov. 18 - The ever elusive, but always awesome empty middle seat on the place. When you're exhausted, sick, scared & overwhelmed on an airplane, there's nothing better than that tiny bit of extra space.

Nov. 19 - Home. The safety & security & peace that comes with being home with Ellie Mae, Bella, my own bed. Knowing that The Hubster is safely asleep upstairs. The simplicity of doing laundry, snuggling w/ pets, relaxing.

Nov. 20 - Netflix & HuluPlus. Two relatively cheap things that provide us w/ entertainment & a much needed mindless activity when everything else is too much to bear.

Nov. 21 - My drivers license. I don't think I ever appreciated it so much until I lost it & I am incredibly thankful to have it back!

Nov. 22 - Sewing class. I'm so glad that I've been able to afford to take sewing classes. I'm loving it! The comraderie of my classmates, watching a piece come together, the much needed creative outlet, the feel of the fabric in my hands.

Nov. 23 - The Internet. Today the internet connected me w/ friends who gave me love & support. It brought jokes to my inbox, helped me confirm a recipe & seek out a new one. Thanks to the internet, I job searched, caught up on the news & learned a couple new things...all from my living room. And that was just today.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving & I'll save my thoughts on that for the next post. For now, I'll just be thankful...

No comments: