Sunday, November 6, 2011

Thankful 30 - Literacy & Literature

I have been reading for as long as I can remember. Literally. Some of my earliest memories are of me reading with Grammy. It's an area where I naturally excelled & always adored. Books take you places & teach you things. They give you an escape, a place to dream, new ideas to ponder. I'll never understand people who don't love to read. It's just so hard for me to imagine. And when I think that there's millions & millions of people who don't know how to read and/or have no access to books....well, that's just so sad.

Every time I leave the library with a backpack full of books there's a little piece of me that wonders if I'm gonna get tackled for stealing. :-/ Wait, you mean, I can read as many books as I want...FOR FREE!? It stills amazes me. Whomever invented the library is my fucking hero because that just rocks.

So today, November 5th, I am thankful for the wonderful world of words. I'm thankful that I was taught to read & that I have such wonderful access to books of all kind.

1 comment:

Suz said...

I love these thankful 30 posts. Yay books!!