Moving is hard. Especially when you make a big move. Not only is it expensive & rather a pain in the ass, but you start from scratch socially. That has always been the hardest part for me to deal with. I need conversation & companionship outside of my marriage. I cherish my friendships. Saying goodbye is always the hardest part about moving.
Unlike my other big moves, I actually new some people here in Portland before I arrived. 2 of my friends moved up here from Cali. about 6 years ago. What a great relief it's been to already have friends!
I've recently met a few other people too. Yay! I'm enjoying getting to know some new people & letting them get to know me.
**This whole post sounds sterile to me. I can't seem to put the words together that accurately describe how I feel. Know that it's so much more than this.**
Anyhow, today, November 4th, I'm thankful for my friends. For those who have stuck by me over the years, despite the distance. For those who will always be able to pick up where we left off, as if no time at all had passed. For those who remember to call/write/text me even if I'm a slacker in return. For the new people in my life, who are willing to give me a chance. For each of my friends, because I always know I'm never alone & I'm always loved. No matter where I am.
My ramblings about life, travel, books, infertility, food, the Steelers, marriage & whatever else comes along the way.
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- American
- Amsterdam
- Asheville
- Birthday
- bitterness
- Books
- Booze
- Cali.
- Changes
- Denver
- Divorce
- DR
- Election
- Family
- Favorite Foto
- Food
- Friends
- Goals
- Housewife-ing
- Iceland
- Infertility
- Life
- Marriage
- Memories
- Mexico
- Money
- Moving
- Munich
- Parenting
- PDX
- Pgh
- Portland
- Pregnancy
- Rambling
- Savannah
- Skitzy McGee
- Spring
- Steelers
- Thankful30
- The Nest
- The South
- Theatre
- Travel
- Weight
- Work
2 comments:
Moving is hard. Agreed. Especially, as you said, starting from scratch socially. I'm still working on the "making new friends" part which is a challenge for an introvert like me. There should be support groups. ;p
We miss you here!
Post a Comment