I was down 2 more lbs today! Wo-hoo! I've been trying so hard to pay attention to my portion control 'cause I think that's my biggest problem. I mean, overall, I eat healthier than most people I know, but I know I overeat. Also, been making a conscious effort to eat more protein in the mornings 'cause that keeps me feeling full for longer. I usually only weigh myself once or twice a week, otherwise I start to get obsessed. I was pleasantly surprised today to see that the scale has gone down another 2 lbs. That's 7 lbs total! I don't think you can tell at all and my clothes don't seem to be fitting any differently, but I know that will come in time.
In other healthy news: I am so freaking sore today from doing yoga, lunges, squats and jacknife situps on the damn Wii Fit! Pathetic! Despite my aching body, Frank and I walked Lake Lynn this morning and we did 2 laps, wohoo! That's 4 miles.
Smoking Update: For those of you who haven't heard, I started taking Chantix, a prescription medication to help you quit smoking. You're suppose to keep smoking for the first week or so, letting the meds build up in your system. As of today, it's been 1 week since I started. I'm feeling great! I'm already smoking WAY less and I find that I'm not really thinking about it as often or craving it and when I do light one up, I find I'm only smoking maybe 1/2 of it before I'm just kind of...ehh...and done with it.
Hopefully I can keep up the good/hard work and my motivation.
My ramblings about life, travel, books, infertility, food, the Steelers, marriage & whatever else comes along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- American
- Amsterdam
- Asheville
- Birthday
- bitterness
- Books
- Booze
- Cali.
- Changes
- Denver
- Divorce
- DR
- Election
- Family
- Favorite Foto
- Food
- Friends
- Goals
- Housewife-ing
- Iceland
- Infertility
- Life
- Marriage
- Memories
- Mexico
- Money
- Moving
- Munich
- Parenting
- PDX
- Pgh
- Portland
- Pregnancy
- Rambling
- Savannah
- Skitzy McGee
- Spring
- Steelers
- Thankful30
- The Nest
- The South
- Theatre
- Travel
- Weight
- Work
1 comment:
yay for weight loss & only 1/2 smoking! I'm impressed & proud of ya! Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment