Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Day to Day Life

Does anyone else ever think that daily life is monotonous? Sometimes it just wears on me. The minute the house is clean, it's time to clean it again. Head to work for a repeat w/ slight variations of work yesterday. We go to the same restaurants, the same bars, the same movie theatre and we take the same routes whenever we drive anywhere. I need change.

I would like to go through our house and get rid of atleast 1/2 the stuff we have. Who needs all this stuff!? The hard part is, that much of it has sentimental value, so I can't get rid of that. I am going to try to get rid of about 1/2 of our clothes, all but my absolute must have books and anything we don't use. Hmmm...we'll see how it goes.

Oh, and you may be wondering when it is I'm going to have the time or energy to do this. I'm not going to be working Sundays anymore! First of all, they are the slowest, therefore most boring day at our store. Secondly, I'm sick of being at work, I'm totally and completely bored w/ my job and sick of the bullshit. So, I talked it over w/ Frank and we decided that going from 38 hrs to 32 hours a week is not that big of a deal financially and that my peace of mind is worth more. Instead of Sundays I'm going to try to take care of all the domestic things that I don't want to do either after work or on my regular days off. This way, I'll be more wifey and I think it'll make me happier and make Frank's life easier too. So, aside from a couple Sundays in July that I'll pick up to make up for time I'm taking off, yesterday was my last Sunday at work!

In case I haven't mentioned it yet, I hate summer and I hate being hot.

As for the smoking, I'm doing great w/ the Chantix. I'm smoking very little, like less than 5 cigs a day. Thursday is the day I've assigned as my first "no cigarettes at all" day and I don't think it's going to be a problem. Already I've managed to implement no smoking in the car and that's been way easier than I thought it would be. Working out more often also seems to help. Being at work, on the phone or at the bar are the three hardest spots for me, but I know I will overcome those too. Frank is also trying to quit, w/out the aid of anything (Chantix, gum, patches, etc.) and he's a miserable ass. He went 2 days before going to the bar, getting drunk and smoking like a pack. *sigh*

Blake (my 12 year old nephew) is coming out to visit in 1 month and I'm getting excited. Last week I booked us a white water rafting trip at this place in Charlotte where the Olympic rafting trials are held. I'm really looking forward to that. Frank & I are s'pose to go kayaking either today or tomorrow up near Falls Lake to check it out and see if we want to do it again when Blake's here. We're also gonna head to Wilmington and Wrightsville to check everything out there. Should be a lot of fun & a great way to see more of North Carolina.

My tattoo is healing up nicely, it's almost completely done peeling, so as soon as that happens and I find my digital camera I'll take some new pics, so you can see how awesome it turned out. The last pic totally didn't do it justice.

Now I'm off to start my day w/ a workout. I've been doing great w/ the eating and have been working out more, but I need to be more consistent. Either way, I've lost another pound, so I'm down a total of 8 - wohoo! I'm on my way to not being obese!

2 comments:

The Roof's said...

A few things. 1) I really like your new blog layout! 2) I completely agree re life being monotonous, but I have no idea how to fix that - so if you ever have any thoughts....and 3) Good for cutting back some work hours and being off Sundays! :)

Unknown said...

I also agree that life can get pretty monotonous...I also have no idea how to fix it but Delilah does help liven things up! I'm glad your trip to the doctor was fruitful and that you're doing so well with the no smoking business. Hoorah for you!! BTW, I've been wanting to read Water For Elephants...was it good?