Sunday, June 22, 2008

Holy Houswife, Batman!


It's Sunday and guess what!? I'm not at work! Yay!!! The deal is that since I'm now working fewer hours than Frank that I have to contribute more around the house. Fine by me! It's just after noon now and I've been up since ten after 4a.m. Here's what I've done w/ my day so far:

Cleaned the kitchen - swept, mopped, wiped down baseboards and walls, counters, sink, cleaned out the fridge and microwave, wiped down the trash cans, took out the trash and all recycling.
Laundry - completed two full loads (as in I didn't just washer/dryer them, I folded and hung them too!)
Workout - 30 min. of yoga followed by a shower!
Food Stuffs - Inventoried the pantry, picked recipes for the week, checked the specials online, cut coupons, went to the Farmers Market & grocery store, put everything away.

I even did my hair & makeup 'cause I told Frank that a good housewife should always have her face on in public. :-)

Oh yeah, this week's menu includes: Baked Mahi Mahi w/ Chiptle Butter, Parmesean Crusted Pork Chops, Indian Roasted Salmon, and Chicken in Garlic Sauce. (Mahi & Pork recipes courtesy of Charchie & the Salmon and Chicken recipes courtesy of Mrs.BlueToes both of whom have tons of great recipes on their blogs!)

Now I'm taking a break to blog, catch up on email, etc. before dusting and organizing my book shelves. After living here for 2 years I still have 3 boxes of books and photo albums sitting underneath the shelves! After I take care of that madness I'm gonna try to do a 30 min. step workout & pack our lunches for tonight (Frank)/tomorrow (me). This will rapidly be followed by a nice cold beer!
Being a housewife is hard work, but it's fulfilling. I feel so productive and it's great to think about how we won't have to worry about any of this stuff on our days off, we can just enjoy our time together.

3 comments:

Suz said...

I'm so effing impressed. When you're done with your house & if you still have the cleaning bug, feel free to stop by our house to continue.... :-P

Mere said...

Can you come over to clean my house next? ;)

Beth Anne said...

Isn't it weird how cleaning our homes makes us feel so productive and worthy?? I'm always so much happier & relaxed when everything in the house is "just right."