Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful, 7-15

It's been a rough week over here. I've had a bad cold & been depressed. Yuck! I'm trying to pick myself up & be healthy & productive today. So, it's a good day to catch up on some of the things I've been thankful for in the last week.
7. Therapy. I started seeing my therapist in Aug. of 2011 & she has been a huge help through this incredibly difficult last year or so. I'm thankful for health insurance, my therapist & the strength it's taken for me to grow & change.
8. Modern Medicine. Having a cold must have sucked SO much more before the invention of codeine cough syrup, dayquill, musinex, etc.
9. Awesome Tour Guests. I had one private tour on the 9th & I was dreading it. Feeling like shit + being a tour guide = misery. I am so incredibly thankful that my tour group kicked serious ass. They were super fun & tipped the hell out of me.
10. My Comfy Bed. It's days like this one when I realize just how thankful I am to have a warm, safe, comfortable place to sleep, rest, heal.
11. Our Armed Forces. I am not a patriotic person. I'm not a fan of war. I think our military budget needs to be cut. Yet I am most certainly thankful that there are people in this world who are willing to put their lives on the line for me & my safety & my freedom. And that these people will also fight for injustices done to others around the world.
12. Books. Books have been my sanctuary for as long as I can remember. They've helped me travel around the world, literally & figuratively. Books have provided me w/ conversation topics, they've helped me make new friends, they've helped me to learn & grow & dream.
13. My Housemate. I was incredibly hesitant about living with someone new. Especially someone I had only known for a few months. While we have our ups & downs & sometimes drive each other crazy, I'm very thankful that M came into my life & shares my home with me.
14. Netflix & HuluPlus On days like this one where getting out of bed is a struggle & I just need a distraction, I'm thankful for cheap access to mind numbing television. Some days you just need to lay in bed all day & zone out.
15. My Inner Strength As I said, it's been a rough week, but I'm rallying the troops & picking myself up. Today is a new day & I will be better & stronger than I was before. I'm thankful for myself, for this inner strength that I wish I didn't need, but am proud to have.

No comments: