I'm struggling here. I realize I have so much more than many people & yet I'm finding it difficult to be thankful. This is sad. And frustrating. I've gotta bounce back dammit. So, here goes...
21. Food. I love food. I'm thankful that even at my poorest, I've never truly had to wonder where my next meal was coming from. I've never known what it's like to actually be starving. I love that food is nutritious & comforting. I love that food can bring people together & teach us about other cultures.
22. Misfits Thanksgiving. For the past 5 years I've been lucky enough to be a part of various Misfit Thanksgivings. I had an amazing group of friends in NC who I used to spend the holidays with & I was sad to leave them. Slowly but surely I'm building a group of friends here & the last 2 Thanksgiving's have been spent with many of them. This year, the food was great & the company was better. Lucky me.
23. Rain Gear. I'm thankful to whomever invented rain gear, though I could stand to invest in some more of it. 2 long tours in the pouring rain made me very thankful for my rain jacket!
24. Documentary Film Makers. This may seem like a strange one, but I really am thankful to those people who spend their lives making documentaries. I love them. They are entertaining AND educational. Plus, they often force me to look at an issue in a way I hadn't considered before.
25. Modern Appliances. My life is SO much easier thanks to a refrigerator, oven, washer/dryer, microwave, etc. Sure, I could still cook & clean & live without them, but I'm damn thankful I don't have to!
No comments:
Post a Comment