16. My Family. My family surely puts the 'FUN' in dysfunctional, but they're mine & I love them. My family is a bit unconventional & I'm often viewed as the strange one. It took me a long time to realize that was ok. They are loving, supportive, silly, thoughtful & always there for me. I'm lucky to have them. Especially Grammy. :-)
17. The Most Amazing Friends Ever. I have friends all over the country, hell, all over the world! I have internet friends, in real life friends, close friends, not so close friend. Friends who listen, give great advice, make me laugh, love me for me, cheer me on when I doubt myself, pour me a beer when I need one. Friends near & far who remind me that I'm strong, beautiful, smart, funny, that I can do anything I set my mind to & that I deserve it all. I don't know how I would've made it through this last year without my friends, I really don't.
18. Bella Lou & Ellie Mae. These furry beasts make my life better. Some times they make me nuts & I'm not a fan of pet hair everywhere or picking up poop or dealing w/ the litter box. But the unconditional love the give me, the laughter the provide me, the snuggles. Yeah, that makes it all worth it. Plus, I'm pretty sure they saved me last winter.
19. Financial Freedom. While I don't exactly have financial freedom, I realize that I'm a lot better off than billions of people. I'm struggling right now & really having to tighten the reigns. It's been difficult to adjust to having 1/3 of the income that I did when I was w/ Frank. Still...I don't ever have to wonder where my next meal will come from. I can afford to turn on the heat & buy warm clothes. I can even afford to share what I have with others in some ways. I'm very thankful for that.
20. Health Insurance. I will be losing my health insurance when the divorce is final. That rather blows. So today I got my teeth cleaned, refilled prescriptions & made an appt. w/ the dermatologist. I'm thankful for the fact that right now I have health insurance & I'm gonna appreciate the hell out of it for as long as I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment