Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hello from Amsterdam!

Wooo! We spent our lst day in Germany in the Bavarian Alps, taking in all the sceenery & touring the Neushwanstein Castle. I'll post more pics once we locate the thingamajigger that uploads them off the camera. It was a long trip to the castle - 2 hours by train, 10 minutes by bus, 30 minutes by horse drawn carriage, then 10 minutes of steep walking. Whew! It was totally worth it tho - just wait till you see the pictures!
So, after spending the day there, we headed back to Munich for one last liter of beer and bowl of goulash soup at our favorite beer hall. We then picked up our bags from our hotel and found our night train. After some confusion we settled in to our couchette room (yay! we had it to ourselves!) and went to sleep. I couldn't believe how well I slept. Though I am currently feeling a bit dizzy and woozy, as if I were still on the train.
Leaving the train station and finding our hotel here in Amst. was a bit confusing, but w/ a map and a little help, we've arrived! We're showered, settled and ready to explore.
Oh, and there are a ZILLION Scots here - no really, like all of Scotland is here & they're all in kilts. It's kinda hot. :-) Apparently there's a big soccer match btwn The Netherlands and Scotland tonight. I doubt we'll get any sleep since our room is directly over a bar. Oh well.
I think I better go, since Frank is currently reading about a bar w/ topless waitresses who perform odd dances while eating bananas from soft moist places of their bodies. uuuhhh...errrrr...I think we can skip that! Ciao!

1 comment:

krisha said...

I couldn't be one of those dancers....I'm allergic to bananas.
I'm glad you guys are having such a great time over there!