



Whew! The first couple days here have been a bit of a whirlwind. As I said before, there are a lot of Scottish people here. Last night was a bit nuts, there were an estimated 20,000 Scots here for the game. Frank and I were so delirious we managed to pop in ear plugs and crash around 11.
Our hotel is smack in the center of it all. Our room is small, but clean w/ a sink. We share a toilet and a shower w/ 5 other rooms - thankfully, we haven't had any problems w/ that - we've been the only ones there both days so far. The worst thing about the room is that most Dutch stairs are freakishly steep. I's a bit intimidating after a stop at the coffee shop or bar.


We spent the day yesterday just wandering around and exploring. Checking out the

area, snapping fotos, etc. There is some amazing architecture here & a freaking ton of churches. We peered through the famous Red Light Disctrict, "window-shopped"and generally tried to avoid much of the insanity. We also checked out both the Hash/Marijuana Museum & the Sex Museum!
For lunch yesterday we had Wonder Wok - you pick either noodles/rice or mixed veggies + a main ingredient, either meat or veggie + your choice of sauce. They stir fry is all up fresh and deliver is steaming hot. It's fairly cheap, damn tasty & a big portion. We actually ate 1/2 there, took the leftovers and finished it off sitting on a bench a few hours later. Dinner was a killer Mexican place called Cafe Pacifico. We split the 1/2 order of nachos & a combo plate. You know if I'm saying it's Mexican and delish, then it has to be good.

Our internet is free at this hotel, so I'll try to fill you in on today when we get up in the morning, after I upload todays pictures. It's off for an evening stop by the coffee shop for us, then a fairly early evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment