
By now I'm sure you're all wondering where I am and why I haven't posted. Well, fear not - the moment has arrived! Of course, my moment I actually do mean moment. Why? Because it's late & I'm tired and, you'll never believe it, but I'm hungover too. :-)
Anyhow, we arrived on Monday morning, managed to get a train from the airport to central
station w/out any problems. Dropped off our bags since it was too early to check in and went to wander around. We're pretty close to the center city and right near the train station, so we can get anywhere in a short amount of time, which is sweet since it's been cold, and snowing.
Also, our hotel is small, but clean, friendly, comfortable & the breakfast is great. We also have a private bathroom (a lot of smaller budget hotels in Europe have only shared). However, the internet is $10 a day, so we held out for the first few days, which is why I have to post an update.So anyway, on to the stuff you actually want to hear about. I'd like to tell you about how we've been doing all kinds of super cultural things and seeing museums and stuff, but uhhh...not so much just yet. *blush*
The beer is awesome. Like seriously, better than any beer you've ever had. Trust me, I've enjoyed quite a bit of it. You know, for research or something. We've checked out a few different beer halls, tomorrow night we may try the super touristy and famous Hofbrauhaus.
Oh, we did hit up the Beer & Oktoberfest Museum! :-) It's housed in the oldest house in Munich, which is pretty cool. The staircase is amazing. There's some fun stuff in there & a nice video, but it's a bit dusty. We were however, the only ones in there & might've made use of a tiny corner room for baby making purposes. Haha! Yup, that's right - we totally had sex in the beer museum. Now, I'm sure a few of you wish you didn't know that, but I think it's hilarious & it's my blog, so there.
As far as food goes - I've had Goulash soup & Potato soup at two different places and they were
both freaking awesome.
We also went to this little pizza place called Riva where I had a killer white pizza w/ zucchini. Frank's had some pork sausage, pork roast We've also had quite a few seriously tasty pretzels, salami and cheese.We checked out a fair amount of the city center. The main
square had this huge, amazing building called the right in the center. The architecture is so freaking cool. Only a few blocks away is a large outdoor market - there are about 150 different stalls for beer, cheese, meat, wine, fish, etc. It's like the greatest farmers market you've ever seen.We did spend most of today at the Dachau Memorial Concentration Camp. I feel that could use a post entirely of it's own, so I may come back to that with more detail later. Needless to say, it's not exactly an uplifting visit, but it was certainly worth going. We had a great guide & a very small group too, which made the trip more interesting & informative than had we gone on our own. Truly, some of the things we saw and heard were just incomprehensible and sickening. So, more about that at another time & I'll post those pictures then too.
Everyone has been very friendly & helpful. We even made friends w/ some locals in the beer hall the other night and may meet them again tomorrow. We also met up w/ a British guy & went to a strip club. Yeah, I know, we're out of control, but I think we're just trying to warm up for the Red Light District in Amsterdam.

So tomorrow we're spending the day out and about - gonna try to hit up 2-3 places of cultural interest like the Deustches Museum & Schloss Nurmburg.
That's all for now, I will probably post again either tomorrow night, if I'm not too drunk or Friday morning before we check out of the hotel. I'll try to post more pictures tomorrow. Until then...
No comments:
Post a Comment