Saturday, February 12, 2011

2nd Place

Another wonderful football season has come & gone. And although my beloved Steelers went all the way to the Super Bowl, they failed to bring home a 7th Lombardi Trophy. Pretty disappointing. However, a friend of a friend brightened my spirits when she called from Ireland to stay, "Yay! I heard your team came in second! How awesome! Gooooo Steelers!". Out of 32 teams, 16 regular season games & playoff games, my team came in second. And despite playing like crap, making huge mistakes & having some major injuries they still came in 2nd, losing by less than a touchdown. Yeah, that's pretty damn awesome.

This season was a lot of fun for me personally. I got to go to a big game in Pittsburgh for my birthday, complete with super incredible seats & a tailgate birthday party. Then, I got to go to a surprise 2nd game in Buffalo with a bunch of friends. And of course, all the games spent celebrating, partying & cheering w/ my own little Steelers Fan Club of Raleigh. Ending the season in Pittsburgh with my Raleigh friends & an entire city of crazy fans was incredible, even if we did come in second.

Yup, it's been a great season all around. Next season will bring new traditions & a new city for me. That's strange to think about, but I know that the members of Steeler Nation in Oregon will welcome me. So for now, I'll put away my jerseys, my Terrible Towel & my killer Steelers purse...until Autumn that is!

No comments: