Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Vacation Booked!

In less than 2 months you'll find me sipping on an umbrella drink, relaxing right here...

The all-inclusive Riu Bachata hotel in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic will be our vacation destination come October. I got a pretty good deal too - less than $1300 for both of us. That includes everything: airfare, hotel, food, drinks, airport transfer, etc. For those interested, I booked through cheapcarribean.com


We'll be going at the end of October instead of the beginning, this way we've got more time to put the money back in our savings account. Also, the trip was $100 cheaper then. :-) Oh, and we get the added bonus of being closer to the end of hurricane season.

So now I'll be in town for my actual birthday, feel free to plan me a party or take me out! *wink*

All in all, I'm pretty satisfied w/ our choice. I really wanted to go explore a new city, but at the same time, we could really use some time together doing a whole lot of nothing. Of course, we'll have to sightsee the island, go kayaking, snorkel, check out the rum factory! and a few other things, but there will be much cocktailing, lounging and just plain relaxing. I think it'll be great for a little four day jaunt. Now, if it were only October already!


1 comment:

Suz said...

wow! that looks beautiful & sounds so amazing & relaxing! can you pack me in your suitcase? or at least have a fruity drink on the sand for me!?
On another note, I need to see if your SBux room is available for Sun 9/28 for me to host another book club there? I didn't have your email addy on head. Will you let me know or give me the number/person to call! Thanks!!