Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ugh. I'm Getting Old.

Yup, I'm pouting. The birthday depression has begun to sink in. I get this every year, though some years are worse than others.

I don't really do the whole New Year's Resolution thing. I tend to spend time around my birthday evaluating myself, my life, my goals and achievements of the last year. I think it's probably a good thing that I've started blogging, so that next year I'll have a more concrete reminder of what it is that has crossed my mind the year before. This year I feel like I've made some personal growth and change for the better, yet I also feel frustrated, disappointed and lazy. I know that I make goals that are more like dreams and that I often need to be more sure footed and realistic, but I love that I still have the ability to dream. Perhaps this year, I'll find a more reasonable balance.

3.5 weeks till my birthday & still no plans. What shall we do this year? How come none of you are planning my party yet, dammit!?

6.5 weeks till vacay & it feels like forever.

Something about my birthday makes me feel loved and adored, and incredibly lonely. That doesn't seem quite right, does it?

I say, let's start celebrating another year of my life right away! Wash the blues away & save the introspection for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ummm you need to come out with us on the 4th.... :) It will be Frank and I and a bunch of other people. like i said it is my b-day and another friend of mine's b-day and of course yours!