Friday, September 19, 2008

I Miss My Books

We went to the library yesterday to return some overdue books and I felt like crying a little. Tears of joy, that is. I've been so wrapped up in other things lately that I've hardly read anything.
I've been reading the same book for a month! Granted, it was a Gabaldon, Outlander, 1,000 page monstrosity, but still!

It's hard to explain just how much I love to read. I love the stories, the knowledge, the escape... I also love the way a book feels in my hands, the smell of books, both old and new and their completely different scents. I love to be surrounded by books and other people who enjoy them as much as I do. The library is even more awesome because it's FREE!!!!

As mentioned above, I've been reading and just finished another one of the Outlander books. I've only got one left in the series. I'll pick the last one up soon. For now I've started another massive novel, Mary by Janis Cooke Newman. It's about Lincoln's widow and her trip through the insane asylum and whatnot. It's started off great and hopefully will continue that way.

A Thousand Splendid Suns is the book club selection this month and I planned on re-reading it, as I read it right when it came out a year or so ago, but...Eh, I don't know if I'm gonna get around to it in time for our mtg. in 2 weeks.

I need some fresh, new, fun, interesting, awesome stuff to delve into. If you've got any suggestions, lemme know. As you can see by my book list (to the right), I have eclectic taste and read a wide variety of novels. I've only got a couple things on the list right now and two of those are marriage strengthening/self help-esque books, so they don't count. :-) What's yr fav. book of all time? What's the best thing you've read in the last year or so?

Off I go, to bed, to Mary and to sleep...

1 comment:

katie said...

oh alethea, we can be friends from across the aisle :)