
Yay, book club started! I'm excited to have a group of women to talk books with. Last night was out first meeting and I had a good time. I think we're bound to get more comfortable w/ each other and that'll make our discussions more interesting too. It's nice to be making IRL friends that aren't bartenders or people I work with. Next month we're reading Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. I've read it before, and loved it, so I'm really looking forward to re-reading it.
In other book news, I'm about halfway finished w/ The Book Thief by Markus Zusak and I think I've liked it. It's certainly readable and I'd probably recommend it, but it does seem a bit choppy sometimes. Death being the narrator has it's interesting effects (affects?) in places, yet overall hasn't really been anything outstanding. I do enjoy the fact that it takes place in Nazi Germany, as I'm fascinated w/ WWII history and I love reading the German that's thrown into conversation. We'll see how I feel about it when I'm finished.
Also, I've recently finished two of the books in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon - they rocked. It took be a few chapters to get into the first of the series, Outlander, but once I was in there was no putting it down. They're kind of time travel, fantasy, romance, action novels - lol - if that makes any sense. Not something I would think that I would like, but I loved them. Can't wait to pick up another in the series.
Also, I've recently finished two of the books in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon - they rocked. It took be a few chapters to get into the first of the series, Outlander, but once I was in there was no putting it down. They're kind of time travel, fantasy, romance, action novels - lol - if that makes any sense. Not something I would think that I would like, but I loved them. Can't wait to pick up another in the series.
No comments:
Post a Comment