Saturday, March 6, 2010

Don't Come A Knockin'!

I *finally* had a good doctor appt.! I actually responded to the medication really well. Wooo! This means, for the first time since starting to see the RE (fertility doc) last May we actually have a shot at getting pregnant this month! Now, when a healthy man and healthy woman have sex at the exact right time, they only have a 20% chance of getting pregnant. (How does anyone wind up pregnant!?) So, we're staying positive, but not getting our hopes up too much. Gotta try to be realistic, ya know? However, it's just so exciting to finally get a freaking chance!

Oh, and I had to give myself a shot in the abdomen tonight, which will get my body to release the egg in this crazy thing called ovulation. Yeah, a shot, right by the belly button. Ugh. *shudder* I'm very pleased to announce that the hours of anticipation and full 20 minutes it actually took me to do it were WAy worse than the actual shot. It was easy peasy! I didn't even feel it. Ahh, that layer of fat I keep around my mid section came is handy tonight, as a soft cushioning pillow. :-)

Now, bring on the sex!!!


1 comment:

Joanna said...

Yay!

Good luck & fairy dust & baby vibes and whatever the hell else is out there to help you get KU!