Monday, March 15, 2010

A Boy & His Dog...I Mean, Cat.

This is from about 4 years ago, but Frank & Skitzy McGee (his full name) sleep this way almost daily. They are best friends. And it breaks my heart that right now they are snuggling and sleeping together for the very last time. Skitter-Roo, the wild and crazy beast that he is, will be crossing the Rainbow Bridge this afternoon. Unfortunately he has feline leukemia and is very, very sick. He has been a part of our lives and a part of our family for 6 short years. We've been lucky to have him and are devastated to be losing him.


4 comments:

Joanna said...

Alethea, I'm so sorry. That is one of the hardest decisions to have to make.

Hugs.

Callie said...

I'm so sorry about the kitty. It sounds like he was a character and I know you guys are going to miss him a lot.

Jenni said...

I'm so sorry for your kitty. My mom just put down our oldest kitty today...he would have been 20 years old in May. Sometimes it's the best thing to do, but also the saddest. Thinking of you!

Suz said...

Hugs to you & Frank. I'm so sorry. I've been thinking about ya'll since hearing the news.