It has been decided - we're gonna head to Savannah, GA for my birthday getaway. Wohoo! Come on, you knew I wouldn't last all the way till Nov. w/out some kind of travel! We had talked about heading to Boston or NYC for three/four days, but even with really good airfare, it still starts to add up, cost-wise. So I started thinking about where I'd like to go for just two nights that's within reasonable driving distance (like less than 6 hours since Frank hates being in the car for a long time). Charleston, SC and Savannah, GA were my top 2 contenders and Savannah won the coin toss. (There was no actual coin, I'm making that up.) Watch out Paula Dean, we're coming to visit!
I'm pretty jazzed. We're gonna go down on Tues., Sept. 29th and drive home Thurs. afternoon. This way, we can enjoy a visit to some place new + be home the night of my birthday, so we can head party w/ some friends here in Raleigh. The plan is to get home, take a little nap, shower, refresh, etc. then head downtown for dinner and drinks. So, if you're reading this and you're in Raleigh, you should think about coming to hang w/ me on my birthday.
Oh, and not that this has anything to do with my birthday, I'm just excited. NFL season officially starts tonight with a STEELERS game!!! Awww......yeah!
1 comment:
Make sure you get your reservations for "Lady & Sons" asap. Since Paula Dean became so famous, it's harder to get in. And make sure you have the peach cobbler! Yummy!!!
Post a Comment