Sunday, August 30, 2009

Travel Envy

Some days I sit around reading all about other people's travel plans, adventures, recent trips, etc. and I find myself filled with travel envy. Now, when I step back for a moment and think about it, this cracks me up because I know a ton of people look at us w/ travel envy! I guess we're all in the same boat and we just want more.

It's difficult for me to understand people who don't have the desire to travel.

I mean, do people really have no desire to explore the world, see new things, meet new people.? There are so many interesting cultures and people out there; not to mention all the fabulous food, hidden gems, waiting adventures! Really, I could go on and on and on...

I think I'm gonna have to find a way to take a mini-trip (4 days or so) for my birthday. Maybe camping or Chicago or NYC or well....something! I don't know how I'll manage to wait until Nov. for our next trip, and then that's only for 4 days too!

I'd like to plan a big trip for next spring, but we're hoping I'll be pregnant by then and I doubt I'll want to be on a plane for an extended flight when I'm pregnant, so we'll have to wait and see.

For now, I'll contemplate a mini-trip in October and continue to read other people's blogs while I daydream.

2 comments:

krisha said...

I can only speak for myself, but you're spot on with the travel envy when I read about all of your trips! It's really what helped Greg and I say f@*k it and book our trip to Hawaii, so- thanks!

KA said...

I also suffer from travel envy! I love to travel, and I am so looking forward to passing that sense of adventure on to my kid. I'm sure you will, too!