It's not like we're gonna starve or anything, but we've def. gotta keep an eye on any excess spending.
We've got a stack of medical bills to pay + we still need to buy plane tickets for 2 trips. I know, I know, rough life, right? See, that makes me look like an ass. Well, we have tickets to a Steelers game in Denver in Nov., so we need the plane tickets to get there. Then, in Dec. I'm making my anual winter trip home to CA, except F is coming with this year & we're spending 1/2 our time in CA, then heading up to Portland, OR for the other half and we haven't bought those tickets yet.
Oooh, how 'bout some good news on the money front? We were sure our new insurance was gonna suck ass, which in some ways it really does, BUT even though our fertility center is out of network, they're gonna accept payment as if they were in network. This means we have no copay & all my blood work and ultrasounds are 90% covered. Sweet! The crappy news is that the meds I'm taking cost a little over $300 per cycle. Let's hope that it only takes one cycle! Wooo!
Needless to say when our roommate tried to shave almost 70 bucks off his rent, I called him on it and said um, no, you haven't paid for the cable this month & we need that money. Sorry buddy, you don't live here just 'cause we like you. In fact, we liked you way more when you didn't live here, so you must pay you cheap ass mofo!
Ahhh, money makes the world go 'round. Isn't that so fucked up? Shouldn't it be love or something?
2 comments:
I feel you. I just made a fb comment saying our vacation plans are cancelled because we just shelled out an s-load of money fixing Greg's truck. As long as you guys make it up here for a visit, everything will be okay :0)
When I was pregnant, a friend of mine who had a baby already told me that when I had Lexi I should plan on just opening up my pocketbook and try not to wince. Fertility treatments are definitely costly, but wait until you see how many $20/$40/$100 little things slowly drain your bank account when the baby comes. That's the bad news.
The good news is, it is SO much fun to buy stuff for your little one! Also, you'll get a ton of gifts & hand-me-downs. And you will be so completely in love with your baby, you won't care one bit. :)
XOXO!
Post a Comment