Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Overwhelmed and Undermotivated

I'm kind of freaking out about my birthday. I don't mean in the thrilled to celebrate kind of way. I'm gonna be 29. Yes, I know that 29 is not old at all, so don't roll your eyes. I think I'm just sad that I'm not where I thought I would be with my life and I'm not really sure how to get there from here. I'm sort of in a rut. I failed to accomplish some of the goals I set for myself. I started 28 as a non smoker and managed to start smoking again. I lost my job. I'm not pregnant. My car isn't paid off. I have way less in savings and less paid off than anticipated. 29 is the last year of my 20's, the end of an era or something. I'm trying to think of all the greatest parts of 28 and remind myself that 29 has even more to offer. I know it's not the end of the world, in the grand scheme of things it's really not that big of a deal. In my little world though, I'm kind of sad, kind of scared, a little detatched, a bit lonely and sort of disappointed.

4 comments:

krisha said...

But also think about all the places you've travelled to this year, your marraige is strong and happy, you guys have set yourself in the right direction for having a baby....you can definitely be proud of how you've lived this year...it's just hard to see it when that year is ending. You're allowed a mourning period for 28.

Alethea said...

Yeah, that's why I was saying that I try to see and understand and accept the positive side. I know we've had some great times and I try to remember them. :-)

The Roof's said...

HUGS!! I miss seeing you at book club, we've had some great laughs!! Hope to get back sometime....P.S. Love it-my word verification is "brest." No kidding!

Jen A said...

And don't forget that you're in the worst economic situation since the 1930's, you're part of gen X (which means you got the shaft in general), and compared to many of the people you went to high school with, you are AWESOME. Let me say that again, you are AWESOME!!!! And don't you forget it!

You'll find clarity and reach the goals that are most important to you. Give it time.

Did I mention that you are AWESOME? :)