First of all, I just realized I've never posted my partially completed Amsterdam for Travelers Review - I should get on that.
Second of all, Frank and I have been talking about going to Chicago for a few days for his bday in August. We figured we'd do another "long weekend" - like we did for the 'Burgh, leave early Mon. morning and come home late Thurs night. Weeeeellllll......I just found tickets to San Francisco for $160 each!!! Um, yeah, that's about what we paid to go to PA last week. Now, remember that we live in North Carolina. This is an incredible deal on airfare. I really wanna just buy the tickets and surprise him, but it's kinda crappy to travel for so long, and go so far for just a couple days, which means he'd have to take time off from work & IDK how feasible that is.
Plus, I can afford the plane tickets & it looks like we can get a decent hotel for about $100. We wouldn't rent a car, so we'd save money there, but it still adds up to like $2500-$3k for a week when we add in food, drinks, etc. *sigh*
I wish we could go for 4-5 days, but then the airfare isn't such a good deal. Ugh, IDK. I'd love to surprise him, but I'd hate for it to 'cause stress and frustration.
My ramblings about life, travel, books, infertility, food, the Steelers, marriage & whatever else comes along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- American
- Amsterdam
- Asheville
- Birthday
- bitterness
- Books
- Booze
- Cali.
- Changes
- Denver
- Divorce
- DR
- Election
- Family
- Favorite Foto
- Food
- Friends
- Goals
- Housewife-ing
- Iceland
- Infertility
- Life
- Marriage
- Memories
- Mexico
- Money
- Moving
- Munich
- Parenting
- PDX
- Pgh
- Portland
- Pregnancy
- Rambling
- Savannah
- Skitzy McGee
- Spring
- Steelers
- Thankful30
- The Nest
- The South
- Theatre
- Travel
- Weight
- Work
No comments:
Post a Comment