Tuesday, May 12, 2009

5 Years Ago...

Frank & I got married. :-) We had the best day. Seriously, it was so awesome. As cliche' as it may be, our wedding day was totally the happiest day of my life. 

We've certainly had more than our fair share of ups and downs over the years, but we've made it through them and moved on to better times.

Being in Pittsburgh to celebrate this year just makes it a little better. This city is where we fell in love for a second time, became friends, bought a home, made a life and got married.

I think we spend this afternoon roaming the city, hanging w/ some friends, then having dinner some undecided special place & exchanging gifts. I think we'll have to make a trek over to the West End to where we got married and up to the park to overlook the city and reminisce. 

Hopefully next year we'll be celebrating with a little one in our arms or on the way. :-)

Here's to the first 5 and the next 50!

2 comments:

krisha said...

Happy Anniversary! It was a great wedding! Mine and Greg's 5th is coming up, and I'm glad we have friends that are right there with us in the whole marriage thing. It's hard, fun, scary and glorious all at the same time. I'm glad you guys are where you're at, and I'll be rooting for a baby for you.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Eat some burnt almond torte for me! :) - Jen