Today I had an Army Reservist tell me that he was gonna go to Afghanistan in a few months. After I replied, "I'm sorry & I hope things change enough that your situation also changes" he said, "Eh, it's ok. Actually, I really need the money."
I almost barfed.
Seriously!?!?!?
I looked at him & said, "Isn't that so incredibly sad?" Fortunately he replied, "Yes."
*sigh*
War is not only a governmental commodity, it's become a household necessity.
Isn't that just the worst thing you've heard this week!?!?
Ugh. I'm pissed, disgusted, apathetic and more, more, more...all at once.
My ramblings about life, travel, books, infertility, food, the Steelers, marriage & whatever else comes along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- American
- Amsterdam
- Asheville
- Birthday
- bitterness
- Books
- Booze
- Cali.
- Changes
- Denver
- Divorce
- DR
- Election
- Family
- Favorite Foto
- Food
- Friends
- Goals
- Housewife-ing
- Iceland
- Infertility
- Life
- Marriage
- Memories
- Mexico
- Money
- Moving
- Munich
- Parenting
- PDX
- Pgh
- Portland
- Pregnancy
- Rambling
- Savannah
- Skitzy McGee
- Spring
- Steelers
- Thankful30
- The Nest
- The South
- Theatre
- Travel
- Weight
- Work
No comments:
Post a Comment