Wednesday, April 17, 2013

This, That and The Other

As many of you know, I was in Japan again recently! I'm just waiting on some photos from Damon's wedding, then I'll post them & write a bit about my trip. For now I will say that it was wonderful to get away, to see my friends, to explore and of course, to EAT! :-)
Work is going well. I think. Sometimes I'm incredibly frustrated with the office side of it, then some cool thing comes up & I forget about the crappy paperwork stuff. Cool stuff like...I'm going on a singles event that happens to be a local beer tour, and since I work in tourism, my company paid for it. That's right, they paid for me to go drink beer and mingle w/ singles. Also, I'm going to Seattle for 3 days next week to take a bunch of tours and run a team building event. Sure, boss, I'll spend 2 days in Seattle being a tourist on the company dime! My 90 day probation is almost up and I think they're gonna keep me around, so that's good 'cause I'd really like to stay. :-)
I've been trying to date. I mostly suck at internet dating for some reason, but I'm putting more of an effort into it. Right before Japan I met a really nice guy for drinks. Had fun & he's very cool, but there was no spark. I think he'd make a kick ass addition to my pile of friends though. How do you tell a guy that you really do want to be "just friends"? A few days ago I went out on an awesome first date with a guy I'm calling NNB (naughty nerd boy). We talked for hours and hours. And I really mean WE, not just ME 'cause he's chatty too! There's something about this guy that has my insides fluttering, I'm like a giddy teenager over here. Tonight we are going out again & I'm super excited. Like, sweaty palms and I need a xanax excited! We've talked every day/night since we met & I still can't wait to get to know him more. We've already been talking about things we want to do together on subsequent dates. So, I'm gonna try not to get ahead of myself & just enjoy this ride for as long as it lasts.
In other news, I'm hoping to move into an apartment in June. I love this house & it's yard & location, but it's way too pricey for me & I really want to live alone. So, hopefully things come together & I'll be able to move into my friend BreAnna's apt when she & her family move into a 2 bdrm in the building.
I s'pose that's all for now. Hopefully I'll get a Japan post up soon. With pics. And a post about some of my travel tips since a few of you have asked.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think I might love your job! I also get paid to mingle and drink, but only with a bunch of people that I'm paid to hang out with. Still cool, but not quite as. I'm glad to hear you're having fun!