So, as I mentioned in my last post, I'm challenging myself to try something new every week. A class, a restaurant, a museum, whatever.
Last Sat. Krisha & I had plans to get together for some coffee, then head to the Japanese garden since I've never been. We did both of those things, though sadly we didn't actually go in to the garden. :-) Well, while we were taking the shuttle to the entrance, I got a text from my boss asking me to do a tour. I really need the money & want to accept all the tours I can whenever they're offered to me, ya know? So, we walked around the little plant sale they were having, then wandered over to the rose-less rose garden for a bit before heading home. It was still a really nice morning.
I tried really hard to find something else new to do or that I'd done w/out realizing it, but...no such luck. Then I realized two things: My semi-weekly coffee trip w/ Krisha is always at a new place, so technically I did try something new. (Plus, that was the best latte ever!) And, duh! I was too busy to squeeze in anything else because I started a new job! Ha! I'm a nerd for not thinking about that till just now.
Yeah, that's right...if you're counting, I now have three jobs. Three part time jobs just about equals 1 full time job. Except there's a whole lots more running around & trying to balance your schedule. Anyhow, the place is an awesome family owned coffee shop/bakery not far from my house. I really didn't wind up back in a barista position, but the money's decent, the hours are reasonable & everyone there seems pretty cool so far.
There you have it folks, updates on my newest adventures. This week I'm hoping to go see a Vintage Tiki/Polynesian Fashion Show. :-)
1 comment:
I love your new plan! I think I want to apply that to my goals too!
Post a Comment