Monday, April 26, 2010

Silence is Deafening

Apparently my blog silence is deafening, to at least one person. :-)

I'm doing ok.

We're taking a break from baby making, for at least one cycle. It's bittersweet. It's weird to be on my period and not thinking about what cycle day it is, what appt. is next, what drugs I will/won't be taking and when. It's sad that there's basically no chance for us this month. And at the same time, it's actually nice not to worry about it.

We needed a break for financial reasons and *I* needed a break for my mental health.

In other news, I went back to work. I'm working at a local bar & grill that I really like; just a couple or three lunches per week. It'll bring in a little extra cash & get me out of the house. I'm only working like 15 hours or so a week, which is just fine with me. So far I like it, hopefully things stay that way.

Also, we went to Vegas last week. It's probably the one place in the world I never thought we would go back to. After living there for 2 years and 90% of that time not being positive, it wasn't exactly on our list. However, our good friends, Jen & Gabe, were getting married. So, we sucked it up & bought tickets. We went for 3.5 days & actually had a great time; despite the fact that Frank lost his ass at blackjack. :-) The wedding was beautiful & the reception was a blast. Plus we saw Mystere, which rocked & we got BOGO tickets in the 9th row! We also saw Matsuri, for free! 'cause a friend I used to work w/ is the stage mgr & it was great! We ate, we drank, we partied, we spent too much money and we, happily, had a killer time.

I've been reading a lot lately, trying to get back on track w/ my diet & exercise, taking time to breathe, planning a budget and just being me, the way I want to be.

It's nice to be able to type the words, "I'm doing ok".


1 comment:

Jen A said...

It's nice to hear the words, "I'm okay," from you, too. :) Welcome back!