I've switched up my work schedule a bit, so I won't be killing myself anymore. I mean, really, is there any reason whatsoever for me to be working almost 70 hours in a week? Um, no. So, I'm taking Mon, Tues, Wed off from Sbux & Tues, Wed, Thurs off from Amedeo's. This gives me more time to rest, see my husband and get my daily life stuff taken care of.
Our strange, antisocial roommate is moving out this week & our friend Ryan is moving in. I'm still a little unsure about having a friend move in, but we'll see. Having a roommate is nice, for now. We like the added income & since we're not doing anything w/ our spare room until it becomes a nursery, we might as well cash in on it, right? Hopefully, it'll all work out. If not, I'm sure you'll read about it here.
We got a fat tax refund this year, so I finally gave in & let Frank buy a new television. He's obsessed. Our new Samsung 52" LCD T.V. and it hasn't even arrived yet! *roll eyes* Oh lordy, someone help me. I figure, once we're pg, we won't be going out very much & we do watch a ton of movies, so might as well let him get a new toy now while we've got the money. He's very excited, to say the least.
I bought a new pair of sandals. Oooh la la. They are awesome. They are made by MBT, who makes the greatest shoes in the history of man, especially for those of us w/ foot problems. I wanted to have a comfy pair of sandals that I could spend all day in for our trip to Europe & the impreding doom known as summer. AND they were onsale! Yay!

Speaking of Europe...Our plans are coming together quite nicely. Our hotels are booked and we're making purchases for tickets & tours.
In Amsterdam we are staying at Hotel Internationaal. It's a funky little, old ass place, built on one of the first streets in Amsterdam, right outside the Red Light District. It gets pretty good ratings, is a bar downstairs, is close to everything & should be a lot of fun, though likely not restful. :-) It was Frank's choice.
In Munich we're staying at Hotel Eder. It's a family owned and operated, B&B styled in full Bavarian charm. Close to everything, great prices, good reviews. My choice.
Right now we're looking into a Munich city walking tour w/ an emphasis on WWII & the Third Reich, which we both think should be pretty cool. We were planning on taking day trips to both the Neuschwanstein Castle & to Salzburg, Austria. However, I think now we'll probably pick just one & are leaning towards Salzburg - the home of Mozart! I'm trying to get us in on a brewery tour & we plan to take 1/2 a day to visit Dachau, the first concentration camp. Other than that, we will eat, drink, wander & enjoy the city.
In Munich we are for sure hitting up the Van Gogh Museum (where Starry Starry Night will be on display! My fav!), the Rijksmuseum and the Anne Frank house. We'll also probably do a canal tour and/our a city tour w/ Mike's Bikes. You know what we'll be doing with our free time!
We're both super excited & getting ready to go. Our money is saved, our passports are dusted off and we've only got about 33 days to go!
Hmmm....other tidbits of things in our world include:
Frank being confirmed for permenant hire in the next 2 months. (We'll see how that goes, since AT&T is the world's slowest company for paper pushing.)
I'm still trying to temp & chart to learn my cycles and all that - tho I pretty much suck ass at it. With my work schedule and crappy sleep cycle, I can't seem to temp regularaly to save my life. When we come back from our trip I'll see some docs, have some tests, etc. Hopefully everything is in working order and we can manage to get a baby in the womb!
Whew! I think that's about it for now. I'll try to be a bit better at posting more often now that my schedule isn't so sucky.
3 comments:
Your trip to Europe sounds AWESOME. You guys are going to have such a great time- I'm not jealous at all!
Oh, and PS...thanks for the info about the wedding dress. I donated it to Brides Against Breast Cancer this past weekend.
David is green with envy over the place you're staying at in Amsterdam. Red Light District ...Woo-hoo! :)
Post a Comment