Friday, January 2, 2009

The List of 2008 Books

Here's the list of books that I read in 2008 that I remembered to add to this blog. Since it's 2009, it's time to start a new list! I think there are 56 listed here, I'm pretty sure I read at least 70. This was a slow year for me & that makes me kind of sad. Since I started working a 2nd job this past summer I really haven't had as much time to read. The positive is that I'm making extra cash. Also, since F and I have had a really great year together, we've spent more time enjoying each other's company and less doing doing solitary activities, like reading.

*Important Edit* I also read:
  • Everybody Poops by some children's book author whose name I'm too lazy to look up right now. It deserves a 10, just ask Delilah, she loves that book!
  • 7.5 - The Other Queen by Philippa Gregory
  • 9 - Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik
  • 8 - Breaking Dawn by Stepanie Meyer (YA)
  • 8 - Eclipse by Stephanie Meyer (YA)
  • 7.5 - New Moon by Stephanie Meyer (YA)
  • 10 - To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (2x this year)
  • 9 - The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - (YA)
  • 8.5 - Twilight by Stephanie Meyer (YA)
  • 9 - The Golden Compass by Philip Pullman (YA)
  • 8 - The Chocolate War by Robert Cormeir (YA)
  • 9 - Mary by Janis Cooke Newman
  • 7.5 - Drums Of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
  • 8 - Bury Me Stading: the Gypsies and their journey by Isabel Fonseca
  • 8 - The Red Tent by Anita Diamant (repeat)
  • 7.5 - Shoot the Moon by Billie Letts
  • 7 - Candy Girl: a year in the life of an unlikely stripper by Diablo Cody
  • 7 - Lost & Found by Carolyn Parkhurst
  • 10 - The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger (repeat)
  • 8.5 - The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards (repeat)
  • 7 - Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman & Kim Barnouin
  • 8.5 - Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
  • 7.5 - Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich
  • 9 - Listening is an Act of Love by StoryCorps
  • 7 - Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
  • 8.5 - When You're Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris
  • 8 - Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
  • 7 - Four Wives by Wendy Walker
  • 8.5 -Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
  • 7 - The autobiography of Henry VIII : a novel by Margaret George
  • 8.5 - Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (repeat)
  • 6.5 - Flying Changes by Sara Gruen
  • 6.5 - Riding Lessons by Sara Gruen
  • 9 - Midwives by Chris Bohjalian
  • 8.5 - In the Time of Butterflies by Julia Alvarez
  • 7.5 - Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult
  • 9 - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • 8.5 - Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
  • 9.5 - Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
  • 9 - A Thousand White Women by Jim Ferguson
  • 7 - Beautiful Boy by David Sheff
  • 7.5 - Cold Sassy Tree by Olive Ann Burns
  • 8 - Dead Heat by Dick Francis
  • 7.5 - Ruby by Ann Hood
  • 8.5 - The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
  • 6.5 - How Starbucks Saved My LIfe by Michael Gates Gill
  • 9 - Go Ask Alice - Anonymous (repeat)
  • 9 - Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows by J.K. Rowling
  • 7.5 - Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich
  • 7.5 - Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner
  • 8 - Peony in Love by Lisa See
  • 8 - Sammy's Hill by Kristen Gore
  • 6.5 - The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe
  • 6.5 - The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perrotta
  • 10 - The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
  • 6.5 - The Instant When Everything Is Perfect by Jessica Inclan
  • 6.5 - The Man of My Dreams by Curtis Sittenfeld

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey...you forgot to rate "Everyone Poops"

Alethea said...

OMG, you're right - I left it off my list! So sad. I'll edit immediately.