We spent about an hour and a half driving/sailing around before anchoring at some predetermined spot where there was s'pose to be great snorkeling. Unfortunately the ocean had been really rough the prior two days, so the visibility was limited. *pout* We still donned snorkels and masks and gave it a shot. There was a bunch of coral reef that was surprisingly close and quite a few fish, but like I said the visibility was sucky. Oh well, maybe next time it'll be better. I still enjoyed swimming with the fishies for awhile. Oh, and it's SO weird how freaking salty the water was! I swear the water in the Pacific Ocean is not nearly as salty as the water in the Caribbean!
After the snorkeling they opened up the bar on the boat, threw on some jams and started the party. We sailed and danced around for a bit till we came into a cove where we were going ashore for lunch. F & I opted for the swim to shore option! Way more fun than taking the dingy!
On shore some locals were cutting coconuts open and filling them w/ rum and honey. Not so great warm, but once I poured the concoction over ice, it was tasty!
Scary, but funny picture of me and my coconuts!
We sort of hung out and had lunch in this super poor village. It was interesting to see real people and their community. We saw a couple of young boys riding donkeys and some guy marched his cows and their babies down the road in front of us. Oh and as we were walking from the beach to the place where we would be eating a little boy just reached out and grabbed my arm to hold my hand. It was very endearing.
After lunch we swam back to to boat for more partying and scenic views (including a rainbow in the distance!) as we sailed back to the resort.
1 comment:
Your trip sounds very relaxing and I'm glad you had such a good time except for the food and dysentery bit. My favorite part of the description was: "Oh and as we were walking from the beach to the place where we would be eating a little boy..." The line end here and the next part is "reached out for my hand" but when I glanced at it, I thought you were eating a little boy and I thought "no wonder the food wasn't good." I have a sick brain.
Post a Comment