Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No thanks, I don't smoke.

Yup, you heard me right! After owning my soul for 1/2 my life,R.J. Reynolds and Philip Morris, ya'll can kiss my ass!!! HAHAHAHA!

I actually feel like a non smoker. I don't feel like a smoker trying desperately not to smoke. How crazy is that!? (If you've never been a smoker, you probably don't fully understand the awesomeness of this) It's been a month since I started Chantix and I feel great. It's recommended that you stay on it for 3 months, which I will do because I don't trust myself just yet. I still have uncomfortable moments from time to time where I think a lot about smoking, but in a way that's hard to describe. The big thing is, I don't actually want to smoke. And that's just crazy because I used to love to smoke. I will never be able to explain how incredibly proud of myself I am. I know I still have some time left and I know that there will be more struggles in the future, but for the first time since I was 14 years old I feel that I can call myself a non-smoker and that's fvcking awesome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Stick it out, it's well worth it. The hardest part for me came way after I quit, it's really really hard to say no when you have been drinking!

Alethea said...

Yeah, the drinking part sucks. I met my hubby at the bar the other day, had one drink and had to leave. LOL Atleast I'm cutting down on the boozing this way too!

Annie and Greg said...

That is so awesome! Keep up the good work!