Dudes! Look to the right ------> Yeah, thatuhway. Look how much money I've raised! It was $770 last I looked, feel free to add to that!
Remember when I first started this whole March for Babies thing? I was like, yeah, that's cool. What a great cause. My friend Jenny is awesome & so are her triplets, plus a bunch of my buddies are all gonna do this. I was excited & thought this would be fun.
I initially gave myself a $250 fundraising goal. I thought that was gonna be really tough to reach. I mean, really tough...like probly not gonna happen, but I'll give it a go anyway tough. Um, yeah...how wrong I was! I reached my original goal within a couple weeks! Seriously, like 2 weeks!
So, of course, I raised my goal to $500, which I was sure was just a total pipe-dream. The next $250 took quite a bit longer, but it did trickle in. $5 here and there over a month or so & next thing I knew, I was super close to reaching my goal of $500. One friend tipped the scales a few weeks ago & I've just continued to be thrilled with more & more donations.
I am truly blown away. What an awesome experience this has been. I have such wonderful friends & an amazingly supportive family.
People I never would've expected to donate have done so. People have been incredible generous.
What really amazes me is that I have raised over $700 in just a couple months using only Facebook, Twitter, email & my big mouth! I can easily say that the majority of my donations came from friends who saw my posts on Facebook or Twitter. How freaking cool is that!?!?
It's been very cool to be a part of such an incredible group of women, all raising money for a great cause that's close to our hearts. If you think my $770 is awesome, you'll never believe what our Team PB&J total is.......
Over $10,500!!!
The walk is Saturday morning & I'm heading to Charlotte tomorrow to meet up with a bunch of my teammates. I'll probably cry the whole walk, but it'll be worth it. I am truly honored to have such amazing people in my life & to be a part of such an incredible team of women. I'm so proud of myself & these women that I'm lucky enough to call friends. I just can't say that enough. Thank you SO much to all the people who supported me, my team & most importantly, THE BABIES!
No comments:
Post a Comment