I wish I could tell you that my life has been super crazy and busy and filled with awesome and madness. That's not so much the case though.
We did go out west, as I mentioned and it was awesome. honestly, we had a really amazing time in Portland with Gregory & Krisha. We are 99.9% positive that we will be moving there in about 6 months. After Portland we went down to Cali. & spent some much needed time with my BFF & her family, as well as with a few other kick ass friends & our own families. We celebrated Frank's 34th bday, ate way too much, drank way too much, enjoyed the semi-legality of marijuana in CA and generally just relaxed.
I LOVE going home. I even love being a guest in my Grammy's house. I love the traffic, the freeways, the oddness of California. I passionately miss my family, my friends, the diversity of my home state. Of course, I think I miss it & love it some much because I haven't lived there in almost 10 years & don't see us living there again. one of the reasons PDX (code for Portland, OR) is so high on our list of places to move is because of the kickass 2 hr 20 min flight home to Cali. Once we move I plan to visit 3-4 times per year vs. my normal 1-2 times. I'm SO looking forward to that.
As for baby news - we've been on a break for awhile, but that may be coming to an end soon. I think we're both agreed that we will be trying another cycle w/ the RE & the same meds as before when we return from my birthday vacation.
Yes, my birthday is coming up again...I'm turning 30 in a mere 10 days. That requires a post all of its own, which I promise to be forthcoming. To celebrate said birthday, we are heading to the 'Burgh...another place that has a piece of my heart (that makes me wanna sing Janis Joplin). We will actually be in Raleigh on my bday, but Frank has to work, so I'll go downtown & celebrate w/ a few friends. Oddly, I have nothing really planned. Then Sat. we head up to Pgh. We're having dinner w/ some close friends to celebrate ME that night, then on Sunday we are going to the Steelers game. We have super fantastically awesome seats, which Frank bought as my bday present. I really think he might have sold a kidney to pay for these tickets. It's gonna rock. Then we stay till Thurs just catching up w/ friends, seeing sights we miss & eating/drinking at all our old haunts. Guaranteed to be a damn good time.
Oh, and I'm giving myself a super awesome 30th bday present. I will be quitting smoking! I'm scared, nervous, excited & desperately in need of a Xanax Rx refill! However, I am determined. I will do this. For me and my family. So there!
That's pretty much it. Day to day boring life, still working at the sports bar, still hoping to move, still wishing we were traveling more this year, still on a break from infertility treatments, about to start working on another show at the theatre.
2 comments:
First of all, happy early birthday! Your thirties will surely kick your twenties' ass in my experience. And congrats on making the move to quit. If anyone can do it you can. Good luck!
Just follow Greg's advice on not smoking. Don't smoke. Don't take a cigarette, put it in your mouth, light it, and smoke it. As long as you avoid those moves, you won't smoke ;o)
Hopefully next birthday you'll be celebrating in PDX!
Post a Comment