For now, I'll just continue to work at the restaurant a few nights a week. I'm trying to contribute more around the house. I plan to do some volunteer work, maybe take a class or two, and complete some projects around here that I never seem to find time for.
My ramblings about life, travel, books, infertility, food, the Steelers, marriage & whatever else comes along the way.
Sunday, July 19, 2009
I'll Make This Brief
Because, while a month ago it probably would have been healthy and helpful for me to spend the time writing a blog or three about how I felt and what was going on, now I'd just like to move on. So, for those of you who don't know, I was fired from Sbux in early June. Yup, after 9+ years, without any substantial reason, I was fired. My bosses boss told him he had to fire me. I think it came down to personal dislike and to the fact that I was making too much money. It was a total slap in the face. Sometimes I'm still hurt and angry. The first few days were the worst. I try to remember that Sbux was really good to me for a long time and that it wasn't a company that fired me, but a certain individual. The bonus is that I had been ready to leave for awhile and maybe just needed a push.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
- American
- Amsterdam
- Asheville
- Birthday
- bitterness
- Books
- Booze
- Cali.
- Changes
- Denver
- Divorce
- DR
- Election
- Family
- Favorite Foto
- Food
- Friends
- Goals
- Housewife-ing
- Iceland
- Infertility
- Life
- Marriage
- Memories
- Mexico
- Money
- Moving
- Munich
- Parenting
- PDX
- Pgh
- Portland
- Pregnancy
- Rambling
- Savannah
- Skitzy McGee
- Spring
- Steelers
- Thankful30
- The Nest
- The South
- Theatre
- Travel
- Weight
- Work
1 comment:
I still haven't been back to that Sbux since you were fired. And it's right next to my pediatrician's office, so that's some serious solidarity there. :) I really hate that that happened to you, but I'm glad that you are moving on to better things!
Post a Comment